Life Is Beautiful
Well, I am nearing the end of my second short-term contract at the BBC, so am eagerly awaiting what my new role will be. I am sad to be leaving this job, as the people I work with are just lovely, but I trust that the next one will be just as nice. I am now an IT-proficient person!! (Although Doug tells me he is going to have to disillusion me when I get home) Sometimes I think I really SUCK at practical things...I am OH so artsy-fartsy!!!
I feel like I am on Cloud Nine during Oliver! rehearsals. Oh my goodness me but it's just so exciting being a part of something so incredible that is slowly and steadily unfurling - and to be playing, acting and singing beautiful songs all night, surrounded by people who are passionate about the creative process, and just seeing this beautiful thing start to take shape like it has a life of its own...the energy, the excitement, the heights, the depths...it is just beautiful being a part of it! I am so lucky! So blessed...
I get to have more input than I would normally, were I just an actor, because of my dual role as rehearsal pianist as well. I have been there more often than everyone except the directors really! SOOOO daunting and terrifying but quite simply the most thrilling thing I have ever done. Why is it that it's the things that require the most from us are the very things that make us rise up to meet the challenge - fire in the veins! Never before have I had to be so bold, ignore my fears and lack of training or talent, and just blaze on as if this is what I was born to do! (which I am steadily beginning to believe more and more I have). I think to myself...what have I been DOING all these years!!! (well, I know what - but it doesn't matter)
I wake up EXHAUSTED every morning from a full night's rehearsing, and then get to work and need a big coffee, but by the time it's 7pm and time for rehearsal again I am up and rearing to go! I work from 9-5 and then have rehearsals from 7-10. But tonight and tomorrow I have free! Will catch some zzz's. I am getting on SO well with the guy I play opposite as well (Mr Sowerberry), and I think we are just going to have such a blast!
Other than that, the house is going well, my friends are lovely, and autumn is here! I walk through a park slowly turning more orange every day...
God's richest blessings on all the people I love in the world...I have never been so happy :)

1 Comments:
So when are you going to update your Blog?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home