February Feb'ry quite contrary...
Well it's been an interesting month - from saying good-bye (sadly yet relievedly) to Oliver, to encountering the true grey cold of January winter, to new births and happy weddings, this month has had many ups and downs. I was in 7th gear after Oliver, fully spinning on adrenaline and finding it difficult to stop. Also I was going on lots of BBC courses and trying to catch up with my various groups of friends which had been sadly neglected during the run of the play. But, like any vehicle which gets a bit carried away with itself, you usually come to a stop with a bit of help from a collision into something or other...or simply run out of gas. With me it was a bit of both really. Somewhere around the end of January I realised I was TIRED...very very tired, and very much in need of a break. NOT that I don't absolutely love London...but there was a small, very dear little corner of South African veld that was crying out to my heart. A year gone by? It was definitely time.
So...after some travailing in prayer and pleading with God, he provided a miracle - I got leave, a tax rebate, and an amazing ticket deal! It has been three weeks of agony and anticipation, but finally, I AM GOING HOOOOOOOME!!!! I fly tomorrow evening, and I can promise you that nothing - not Oliver, not London magic not ANYTHING - could beat the feeling. I am so excited I have made myself positively nervous! Two weeks of glorious home and family. Can't wait. As we speak my mom is putting a stew into the oven for my return! Boy oh boy. Seeing all those special people again...they are truly the pride and joy of my life.
There have been so many other wonderful things about this month though - the birth of baby Ella Robb (simply THE most beautiful thing I have ever seen), the wedding of my friends Cath and Carl(absolutely stunning and inspiring), lovely dinner parties with friends, going for rides on Martina's scooter around London (SUCH fun!),staying at the Hilton, working cameras in a studio...but by far and large the BEST has been the anticipation up till tomorrow. Boarding that plane is going to be the most exciting thing since getting off it!
See you when I'm back
(and brown!)
xx

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home